In 2018, we are all dealing with a lot of stress (work, kids, family, friends… the list never ends) and struggle to find time for ourselves and to make our health a top priority. With obesity rates climbing, it’s important to focus on our health and finding the right solutions for our individual bodies. Losing weight isn’t always as simple as getting to the gym more, or cutting out junk food; losing weight often requires a customized plan that not only works for your body but also fits into your life. This is where a medical weight loss clinic comes into play.
Our medical weight loss clinic provides customized exercise and diet plans, along with medical interventions such as vitamins and appetite suppressants to help people that are ready to lose weight. What makes a medical weight loss clinics unique is that all plans are customized to the individual. In some cases, the person is required to eat more but different nutrients, while in some cases the clients are required to eat less. The programs that are given by our doctors have been proven to benefit people that have failed over and over again on their own or with exercise/diet alone.
What is actually different from a reduced calorie diet?
The benefits of the medical weight loss program compared to the typical workout/eat less:
- A customized plan based on your body, age, history, and goals
- Medical supervision
- Medical accountability: it’s one thing to know you need to lose weight but when you see your medical information and elevated risks for diseases it provides a different accountability and proof that what you’re doing is working when those elevated numbers decrease through the program
- Ability to incorporate customized vitamins, supplements, and appetite suppressants
So what are these vitamins, supplements and medications we’re talking about?
We often include B12 and B complex injections. These injections don’t have any side effects but they can increase energy levels and improve mood… both frequent issues when you’re on a reduced calorie diet. Often the lack of energy is what keeps people from sticking with a diet program, our injections not only help you stick to your plan but they also can give you healthier hair, skin and nails!
Here’s a brief description of the benefits that each B Vitamin provides:
B12: Important nutrient that keeps the brain and nervous system functioning normally and for the formation of red blood cells. Plays a vital role in fatty acid synthesis and energy production.
B1 (Thiamine): Important coenzyme that helps body convert food into energy. Assists in manufacturing fat and metabolizing protein which in turn provides energy for the body. Necessary to maintain normal nervous system function.
B2 (Riboflavin 5 Phosphate): Provides the body with energy by metabolizing carbohydrates, fats and proteins. Has been known to decrease the number and frequency of migraine headaches.
B3 (Niacinamide): Very effective at correcting high cholesterol and preventing or reversing heart disease.
B5 (D-Pantothenol): Helps body extract energy from carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. Aids in lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Commonly found in “anti-stress” formulas because of its ability to work with the adrenal gland to produce stress hormones.
B6 (Pyridoxine HCL): Effective against more than 100 health conditions including heart disease, premenstrual syndrome and MSG sensitivity. It can also help prevent kidney stone formation.
Ok, I’m interested. Where do I even start?
- Set up your Consultation Appointment, let’s chat!
- At your appointment, we will take a look at your blood pressure, pulse, body weight and body fat analysis and discuss your goals
- Once we have all of the data, we craft a customized program for you
- We do frequent checkin’s while you are on your weight loss journey including weekly visits with the nurse practitioner to evaluate your progress and make any needed changes to your weight loss plan. Daily emails are sent with detailed information about your prescribed diet and exercise plans.
Every clinic has different methods of operation. What really makes us different is the one on one personalized attention our provider gives each and every patient throughout the entire weight loss journey.